Bihar Board Annual Examination 2020-22 Intermediate Exam will be conducted in the new Bihar Board Exam Pattern. Bihar Board has made three major changes in the exam pattern from this session. These changes will make the examination easier for the students and will increase the pass percentage of the bihar board.
Students will now be able to choose two language subjects of their choice. Earlier, Paper 1 had NRB- Hindi (50 marks) and MB optional English / Maithili / Urdu 50 marks while in Paper 2 students had to study subjects like English, Hindi, Urdu, Maithili, Sanskrit, Prakrit, Magahi had to choose from, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Arabic, or Persian.
With this New Pattern Of BSEB 12th Exam, students were allowed to choose either English or Hindi in both the papers creating confusion and repetition. In a press conference, Bihar Board Chairman Anand Kishor told that the bihar board constituted a committee and studied the pattern of other state boards and CBSE, and decided to make some changes.
As per the revised marking scheme released, if a student fails in the compulsory subject in the annual bihar board examination 2022, the marks obtained in the additional subject will be considered instead. This new change BSEB 12th Exam Pattern will enable the students to appear in the exam to get the total passing marks.
What's In This Post?
- 1 New Bihar Board Exam Pattern 2022
- 2 Bihar Board 12th Exam Pattern 2022
New Bihar Board Exam Pattern 2022
Bihar Board has amended the syllabus and exam pattern for both class 12th and 10th class. As per the new bseb pattern announced by the Bihar Board, now every subject will have 50% objective type questions while 50% will be subjective or theory based questions, i.e., short and long answer type questions.
As per the new BSEB exam pattern, bihar board class 12th and class 10th exam consist of 50% multiple choice questions carrying 1 mark each. There will be only 35 MCQs in the theory paper of subjects having both theory and practical, The total exam duration is 3 hours 15 minutes. Before preparing for the annual exam students must be familiar with the BSEB Class 10th & 12th Syllabus 2022.
students can also check Preparation to know tips and tricks to prepare better for bihar board annual examination. bihar board marking scheme for class matric & intermediate has been revised. As per the revised marking scheme released, if a student fails in the compulsory subject in Bihar Board Exam 2022, the marks obtained in the additional subject will be considered instead. The newly introduced change will enable the students to appear in the exam to get the total passing marks.
New BSEB Exam Pattern | Highlight
|Post Name||Bihar Board Exam Pattern|
|Exam Name||Bihar Board Annual Examination|
|Conducting Body||Bihar School Examination Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||Matric & Intermediate|
|Languages||Hindi and English|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 15 Minutes|
From this year onwards students will have to choose Hindi or English in Paper 1 which will be 100 marks and in Paper 2 they can choose any one of the 12 languages given as an option. But, they will not be allowed to choose the same subject in both papers. Both the language papers will be of 100 marks each.
The New Bihar Board Intermediate Pattern will also help the students to make an effective study plan and understand each and every topic. Reports also state that the board has proposed a 30 percent cut in the class BSEB Intermediate Exam Syllabus. If the cut is approved by the state department then the syllabus for science, commerce, and arts streams will be reduced by 30 percent.
BSEB 12th Exam Pattern
Class 10th and 12th both are important phases in a student’s life. This is the stage where the student’s talent can be assessed on the basis of the results obtained in these examinations. This phase also decided his future. For a bright and fruitful career, students must prepare effectively to perform best in their examinations. Along with the best study material, reference books, Bihar Board 12th Exam Pattern 2022 or Bihar Board Matric class Pattern also plays a similar role in a student’s performance.
No student can perform best without proper knowledge about the question paper pattern. Bihar Board 12th Model Papers or Bihar Board 10th Model Paper is one such resource that can help students to get an overview of the question types and exam patterns.
New BSEB Exam Pattern Help Students to Learn About
- Marking Scheme and weightage.
- The marks distribution for each question.
- Total number of questions in each section.
- Learn the complete blueprint of the Question Paper.
Bihar Board has introduced a new BSEB Exam Pattern of Intermediate and Matric exam to increase the pass percentage. It is expected that the Bihar Board Exam Pattern will now help the meritorious students to score more than 90 percentile easily. Bihar Board aims to be ranked among the top 3 examination boards of the country by drastic reforms in its functioning.
New Changes in Bihar Board Exams 2022
- Additional Subjects as Game Changers: If a student passes an additional subject and fails in one of his main subjects; The additional subject will be replaced by that subject and the candidate will be declared pass.
- Two language papers of 100 marks each: Now students need to appear in only two language papers, each carrying 100 marks. It will replace the existing language paper of NRB and MB of 50 marks each.
- Language Paper Rules: Paper 1 can be either Hindi or English. In Paper 2, students can choose from 10 languages such as Hindi or English (not selected in Paper 1) or Sanskrit, Urdu, Maithili, Prakrit, Bhojpuri, Arabic, Persian, Pali, Bengali, or Maghi.
- Apart from Paper 1 and Paper 2, students are free to choose a third language as an additional subject. Students must pass a paper in one language so that they can replace the other with an additional subject.
- More Choice in Additional Subject Option: Bihar Board has increased the number of subjects that can be opted as additional subjects. For example- Earlier only Maths, Computer Science or Multi-media could be chosen as additional subjects in Science stream. Now PCM students can also choose Biology as an additional subject.
- It is to be noted that students are still free to appear in only 5 main subjects. This means that the choice of additional subjects is optional. Students can appear in 2 language papers and 3 optional subjects and can choose not to have additional subjects.
Question Exam Pattern of BSEB Exams
Bihar Board had constituted a committee to suggest new changes in the exam question paper pattern. After this, changes were also made in the copy evaluation rules. Some of the new changes introduced by BSEB in the Intermediate & Matric question paper a few years back are as follows:
- Theory paper, objective type questions, or MCQs of each subject will now carry 50 percent marks. The question paper of 100 marks will have 60 MCQs, students will have to answer only 50 of them. The question paper of 70 marks will have 42 MCQs, students will have to answer only 35. Whereas 25 out of 30 MCQs will have to be answered in the question paper of 50 marks.
- 8 and 6 long answer questions of 5 marks each will be asked in the question paper of 100 marks and 70 marks respectively. The students have to answer only 5 and 3 long answer questions out of 8 and 6.
- The number of questions of 2 marks has been increased. In a theory paper of 70 marks, 18 questions of two marks will be asked. You have to answer only 10 of them. The question paper of 100 marks will have 25 short answer questions, students will have to answer 15 only.
- Questions of more than 5 marks will be asked in the language papers like Hindi, English etc.
- Sent-up examinations will be conducted which have to be cleared before appearing in the annual class 12 Bihar board exam.
From this session, students will get the option to choose the sixth paper. Earlier, there were only five papers carrying total marks of 500. These five papers included Paper 1 (Language), Paper 2 (Language), three compulsory subjects from selected streams (Arts, Science, Commerce). From this year onwards, students can opt for the sixth paper belonging to the particular stream or any one of the 12 languages as an additional subject.
For example, Arts students can choose History, Political Science, Geography as core subjects and Psychology or Philosophy or Sociology, etc. as the additional sixth subjects. Students can choose any one of the 12 language subjects as the sixth paper but the language chosen in papers 1 or 2 should not be repeated in the sixth paper.
It will also allow science stream students to choose biology as the sixth paper even if they have PCM-physics, chemistry, maths as the main paper. Earlier, Science students were allowed to choose between Multimedia, Mathematics, and Computer Science as additional papers. Now, biology has been added to the list. The third change made by BSEB focuses on increasing the pass percentage of the board and reducing the chances of a student failing in the exam. With the introduction of the sixth paper (additional subject), if a student fails in any one paper, the marks in the sixth paper will be evaluated as the main subject.
Bihar Board 12th Exam Pattern 2022
|Name of the Stream||Number of Subjects & Number of Marks|
|Commerce||Compulsory (100 Marks Each)|
Optional (70 Marks Each)
|Arts||Compulsory Subjects (100 Marks Each)|
Optional Subjects (70 Marks Each)
|Science||Compulsory (100 Marks Each)|
Optional (70 Marks Each)
Students who are searching for Bihar Board 12th Exam Pattern 2022 are informed that the board has been released. Students can check the BSEB 12th Exam Pattern on the official website or our this page.
So, start preparing for them by getting all the details of the subject name, number of marks, and time duration of the exam.
BSEB Intermediate Science Syllabus 2022
Inverse Trigonometric Functions
Continuity and Differentiability
Application of Derivatives
Three Dimensional Geometry
Solutions and colligative properties
Chemical thermodynamics and energetic
General principles and processes of isolation of elements
d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements
Halogen derivatives of alkanes (and arenes)
Alcohols, phenols and ethers Alcohols
Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids Aldehydes and Ketones
Organic compounds containing nitrogen
Kinetic theory of gases and Radiation
Interference and diffraction.
Magnetic effects of electric current
|Biology||Genetics and Evolution|
Biology and Human Welfare
Biotechnology and its application
Ecology and Environment
Reproduction in Organisms
BSEB Intermediate Commerce Syllabus 2022
|Business Studies||Nature and Sight of Management|
Principles of Management
|Accounts||Accounting for Partnership|
Accounting for Not-for-profit Organizations
Dissolution of Partnership
Company Accounts and Financial Statement Analysis
Reconstitution of Partnership
Accounting for Shares and Debenture Capital
Statement of Changes in Financial Position in Financial Position
Analysis of Financial Statements
Introduction to Microeconomics
Producer Behaviour and Supply
Simple Applications of Tools of Demands and Supply
Types of Market and Price Determination
Introduction to Macro Economics
National Income and Related Aggregates
Money and Banking
Determination of Income and Employment
Government Budget and the Economy
Balance of Payment
BSEB Intermediate Arts Syllabus 2022
- Political Science
- Home Science
BSEB Intermediate Exam Schedule
Bihar Board Class 12th Board Exam 2021 will be conducted in two shifts. The first shift of the exam will be conducted from 9:30 am to 12:45 pm while the second shift will be conducted from 1:45 pm to 5:00 pm. The board has released the bseb 12th class admit card for the students who have appeared for the annual examination. Students who have applied for the exam can visit the official website to download the official annual examination admit card for the intermediate class exam.